[f-nsp] slightly OT question

Eldon Koyle esk-puck.nether.net at esk.cs.usu.edu
Wed Dec 11 14:46:44 EST 2013

On  Dec 10 18:31-0700, Wilbur Smith wrote:
<snip>
> - All of our devices can export sFLow data. While this won’t provide info

We found out that the ICX6430's do _not_ support sflow.  It makes me
sad.

<snip>
> - The newer method of doing this is called Telemetry. In later version of
> code on the MLX, you can create a PBR ACL to target specific traffic types
> or hosts. Then you enable the “telemetry” function on the MLX, instead of
> redirecting the traffic though, the router will make a second copy of any
> data matching the ACL and forward it to a destination you choose. This
<snip>

I would be interested to see how this was set up.  That could be a
really useful tool for us.  I didn't see anything in the 5.4 docs that
talked about forwarding a second copy; it sounded like typical PBR with
some VLAN matching added (but that could be a deficiency in the docs).

--
Eldon Koyle