[f-nsp] MLXe interface management - one mac address per chassis ?!?

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Wed Jan 30 07:09:14 EST 2013

Hello,

do you have vlan 100 configured on the MLX ?
If yes, use the ve instead the management-port or make sure no
mac-addresses are learned within the vlan (enable transparent-hw-flooding
or use MPLS) and MLX geneartes no packets in that vlan.
If not, I do not see the problem, your FCS should be able to learn the MAC
on different ports in different vlans.
But this will become a problem if you use a switch that has a global MAC
table and not one each vlan in such configuration.

btw, the management-port afaik does not switch (or route to another
interface) packets (at least it did not some years ago with the old MLX).

kind regards
Rolf