[f-nsp] Turboiron24x or ICX6650 for IPv6 switching

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Jan 30 15:37:06 EST 2013

On 30/01/2013 19:19, Niels Bakker wrote:
> It doesn't *route* IPv6.  It will switch it fine, which the original
> poster plans to have them do.

sigh, long day.  Yes, they switch ipv6 just fine.  They don't support mld
snooping, but then again most other switches don't either - even if they
claim otherwise.  We use them at INEX and outside a couple of issues which
are fixed in 7.3c, they work very well.  We don't have large mac tables,
but they would typically max out at about 35-40G of imix traffic, full
duplex.  Very little in the way of reliability problems.

Nick