[f-nsp] XMR LP running out of RAM

Darren O'Connor darrenoc at outlook.com
Wed Jul 24 04:14:02 EDT 2013

Hello all.

One of our LPs (NI-XMR-1Gx20-SFP) keeps complaining in the logs:
Current Total Free Memory (1601536) on LP 1 is below 5 percent of Installed Memory.

This is an XMR4 that has two other 20 port copper line cards. They don't have the same issue. If I look at the memory usage:

NetIron XMR active MP slot 33:
Total SDRAM         :  2147483648 bytes
Available Memory    :  1705193472 bytes
Available Memory (%):          79 percent
Free Physical Pages :      406302 pages

Malloc statistics: total  487040948
OS malloc count:        1261765297
OS malloc fail:                  0
OS free count:          1261741808
OS free fail:                    0
diff:                        23489
NetIron XMR LP SL 1:
Total SDRAM         :  1073741824 bytes
Available Memory    :     1601536 bytes
Available Memory (%):           0 percent
NetIron XMR LP SL 2:
Total SDRAM         :  1073741824 bytes
Available Memory    :   548032512 bytes
Available Memory (%):          51 percent
NetIron XMR LP SL 3:
Total SDRAM         :  1073741824 bytes
Available Memory    :   548032512 bytes
Available Memory (%):          51 percent

If I reboot LP1, the problem disappears for a bit then then comes back within the hour. Oddly there is nothing yet plugged into this LP.

When I rconsole into the line card and do a show version. I see the following values at the bottom of the output:

LP1:

559240 KB PRAM, 2048 KB AGE RAM  and 1048576 CAM entries
for PPCR  0

0 K CAM2PRAM entries and 0 K TX VLAN entries for PPCR  0

Uptime : Day:5   Min:47 Sec:37

LP2:

16384 KB PRAM, 2048 KB AGE RAM  and 1048576 CAM entries for
PPCR  0

2048 K CAM2PRAM entries and 4 K TX VLAN entries for PPCR  0

Uptime : Day:294 Hr:16 Min:24 Sec:28
Brocade support has been less than stellar when looking at this so I was wondering if anyone on this list has seen this issue before had any ideas?
We are running 5.2C on this box.
Thanks
Darren