[f-nsp] NI-MLX-10Gx4 shown as "Invalid Module" maybe due to very old code on lp while chassis is on 5.3

Gunther Stammwitz gstammw at gmx.net
Wed Jul 24 17:22:03 EDT 2013

Hello Wilbur,

thank you very much for your reply.

First of all I have now removed the manual module-type-setting for slot 4,
unplugged the lp from slot 4 and reinserted it.

Now the MLX says: S4: Invalid Module  CARD_STATE_REBOOT   0
000c.dbe1.2f90

This is where I tried “lp boot system interactive 4” which is being
confirmed in syslog with “cr1.fra1.mainlab.net Module 4 is reset by mgmt
(reason: CLI command)”.

Unfortunately the lp stays in “CARD_STATE_REBOOT”. The same applies then
powering off and on again. Interactive-boot mode didn’t help

My software - including mbridge - is up to date:

#show ver

Boot     : Version 5.3.0T165 Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Brocade Communications
Systems, Inc.

Monitor  : Version 5.3.0T165 Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Brocade Communications
Systems, Inc.

IronWare : Version 5.3.0eT163 Copyright (c) 1996-2009 Brocade Communications
Systems, Inc.

Board ID : 00 MBRIDGE Revision : 37

Do you have any other idea how I can get the module out of the reboot-loop
and access is?

Your help is being appreciated – thanks in advance.

Gunther

 Wilbur Smith [mailto:wsmith at brocade.com]

Gesendet:
 Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2013 22:30