[f-nsp] Link Aggregation on ICX 6450

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Mar 25 11:49:32 EDT 2013

On 25/03/2013 15:00, Drew Weaver wrote:
> I would like there to be load sharing on the ports. Is this something
> configurable on the ICX, on the server, or perhaps both?

both.  The switch handles load sharing in the switch->server direction, and
vice versa.  As Niels suggested, if you're seeing an imbalance, check it
out with regular imix traffic and see what happens.  Bear in mind that this
is load sharing, not load balancing.

On the whole I've found the foundry load sharing hash mechanism to be
rather good, and a whole pile better than certain other vendors.

Nick