[f-nsp] Link Aggregation on ICX 6450

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Mon Mar 25 14:40:49 EDT 2013

Ah, I just noticed that it configured one port as primary and one port as secondary and it appears to be using only one of them.

GigabitEthernet1/1/40 is up, line protocol is up
  Member of active trunk ports 1/1/40,1/1/41, primary port
  Member of configured trunk ports 1/1/40,1/1/41, primary port
  300 second input rate: 656826344 bits/sec, 53948 packets/sec, 66.53% utilization

GigabitEthernet1/1/41 is up, line protocol is up
  Member of active trunk ports 1/1/40,1/1/41, secondary port, primary port is 1/1/40
  Member of configured trunk ports 1/1/40,1/1/41, secondary port, primary port is 1/1/40
  300 second input rate: 472488 bits/sec, 60 packets/sec, 0.04% utilization
  300 second output rate: 15945648 bits/sec, 26630 packets/sec, 2.01% utilization

Currently I am running iperf from 1 virtual machine inside of the server connected to 1/1/40 & 1/1/41 to multiple VMs which reside on systems connected to multiple different ports.

I would expect that in this case that I could get 2x near 1G streams.

This is the host side's configuration:

Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)
MII Status: up
MII Polling Interval (ms): 100
Up Delay (ms): 0