[f-nsp] mpls + bgp support on NI CES2K

Greg Hankins ghankins at mindspring.com
Mon May 13 09:52:26 EDT 2013

Let me clarify the CES and CER architectures real quick.  As Nick nicely
said, the fixed form factor routers are designed with feature scalability
and cost trade-offs to provide a lower port price vs. a modular chassis.

The NPUs are merchant silicon, but each router also has an FPGA that
handles various control plane packets that need to be processed with
subsecond latency (for example, we are adding BFD hardware assist in 5.6).

We hear your negative feedback about feature licensing.

Greg
(works for Brocade)
(as a product management person)

--