[f-nsp] mpls + bgp support on NI CES2K

George B. georgeb at gmail.com
Mon May 13 11:29:20 EDT 2013

The feature licensing has pros and cons.  If you need all of the features
required, it is frustrating to have to buy the licenses.  If you *don't*
need all of those features, though, it is nice not to have to pay for
them.  Maybe Brocade could market two different configurations, a "full"
configuration with all licenses and a "light" configuration with none of
them with an a la carte list of additional upgrades available.  That would
allow people to purchase a fully licensed unit and not have to worry about
being "nickled and dimed" with the various licenses while people needing
only a subset of features can put together set of only the features they
need.  The problem is the way the literature is put together. It is
difficult to get a grip on exactly what you need or if the CER can handle
your needs.

As for cannibalizing MLX sales, honestly, the way I think of the CER is as
a miniature MLX.  I think of it as a one slot MLX.