[f-nsp] ISSU and hitless upgrade on NetIron (Was Re: Experience with 5.4.00c on XMR?)

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Mon May 13 14:11:32 EDT 2013

Hello Greg,

Yes, I'm already aware of that.

We were told ISSU was 'disabled' as a precaution because of the introduction of Openflow support in 540a I believe.

It should come back soon, I'm reading the upgrade notes at each release very religiously.

Also, regarding hitless upgrade, we are pushing very hard a customer to have MPLS support (and it's applications).

We had a call with Jason Kleeh in April about this. We feel some critical features like theese are missing and have submitted several RFEs with our se.

Also discussed this with Pete Moyer at last EBC in february.

Thanks.