[f-nsp] Brocade ARP Issues

Kennedy, Joseph Joseph.Kennedy at purchase.edu
Mon Nov 11 01:25:14 EST 2013

Salman,

It’s difficult to say without seeing the configurations so pardon me if I ask some silly questions.

1. Gateway exists in VE on the edge FCX in ALL cases or are you bridging a few vlans where necessary(hybrid) in distribution? RSTP on edge vlans?
2. If you’re totally L3 to the edge are you leaving uplinks in the default vlan and marking them route-only, creating two separate vlans and leaving one uplink untagged in each, or tagged between distribution and edge in case you have to bridge later?(I’m assuming you aren’t using route-only globally on the edge and you only uplink each edge switch to distribution by two uplinks, but please correct me if I’m off the mark).
3. Is your distribution layer set to route-only globally or on an interface basis(hybrid edge of course precludes globally)?
4. Have you enabled or disabled global-stp on your distribution and edge switches?
5. Can you confirm that ECMP is working as expected between each of the tiers?
6. Do you run PIM and if so are you running SM or DM?

--JK