[f-nsp] Packet loss on MLXe-4

Mike Tindle mtindle at he.net
Tue Sep 17 17:42:43 EDT 2013

If you're getting loss between cards but not while traffic stays on a card, check your (h)SFMs.  You can usually take one out of service without impact.   You can see their load with "sh sfm-ut all" and then walk them off one at a time ("power-off snm [#]") to see if the packet loss goes away.   You can also see if they're having issues with "sh sfm-link all err" but I believe that would have shown up in logs.

We've found a couple bad ones this way and they can be an absolute nightmare to discover since they'll report everything fine.

The other option could be a bad TM on a card but those usually throw errors as well.

Regards,
Mike

*----------- H U R R I C A N E - E L E C T R I C ---------->>