[f-nsp] Strange traffic limit on BR-MLX-10Gx24-DM module

Eric Nghia Nguyen Duy eric.ndn at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 07:21:54 EDT 2014

Hi Alexander,

With 24x10, we have 3 TM for 24x10, so each for 8 groups. AFAIK, we can
have only 6 ports at line-rate per TM.
So only 6 ports can run at line-rate, regardless of which port. The left
over 2 ports are recommended to be kept as spare.

Some setting that we can add to improve the forwarding rate

* Change the chassis to turbo mode (not applicable if the chassis
contains generation-1 line-card line 4x10).

system-init fabric-data-mode force-turbo

* Increase the TM credit size. This was originally recommended from
B-TAC to run 2x100G line-card at line-rate, and since the 24x10 belong
to the same LP generation, this could help bring it up to line-rate.

system-init tm-credit-size credit_1024b

Both commands require chassis reloading

--
Best Regards,