[f-nsp] Exported routes from VRF: lost BGP attributes

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Wed Aug 13 09:24:46 EDT 2014

Hi!

I have two VRFs on MLXe-16 box and I noticed that exported routes
from one VRF to other lost their BGP attributes.

vrf Crimea-IX
 rd 31210:39751
 address-family ipv4
   import routes vrf DTEL-IX route-map rm-BGP-and-Direct
 exit-address-family
exit-vrf
!
vrf DTEL-IX
 rd 31210:31210
 address-family ipv4
   import routes vrf Crimea-IX route-map rm-Crimea-IX2DTEL-IX
 exit-address-family
exit-vrf

The routes are exported from Crimea-IX to DTEL-IX, for example:

telnet at lsr1-gdr.ki#show ip route vrf DTEL-IX 173.194.40.0/24
Type Codes - B:BGP D:Connected I:ISIS O:OSPF R:RIP S:Static; Cost - Dist/Metric
BGP  Codes - i:iBGP e:eBGP
ISIS Codes - L1:Level-1 L2:Level-2
OSPF Codes - i:Inter Area 1:External Type 1 2:External Type 2 s:Sham Link
STATIC Codes - d:DHCPv6
        Destination        Gateway         Port          Cost          Type Uptime src-vrf
1       173.194.40.0/24    193.34.200.141  ve 205        20/0          Be   25m23s Crimea-IX

In Crimea-IX this route has all its attributes:
telnet at lsr1-gdr.ki#show ip bgp vrf Crimea-IX route 173.194.40.0/24
Number of BGP Routes matching display condition : 1
Status A:AGGREGATE B:BEST b:NOT-INSTALLED-BEST C:CONFED_EBGP D:DAMPED
       E:EBGP H:HISTORY I:IBGP L:LOCAL M:MULTIPATH m:NOT-INSTALLED-MULTIPATH
       S:SUPPRESSED F:FILTERED s:STALE
       Prefix             Next Hop        MED        LocPrf     Weight Status
1      173.194.40.0/24    193.34.200.141             100        0      BE
         AS_PATH: 42896 15169
       Last update to IP routing table: 0h26m44s, 1 path(s) installed:
       Route is not advertised to any peers

In DTEL-IX this route has no attributes already:

telnet at lsr1-gdr.ki#show ip bgp vrf DTEL-IX route 173.194.40.0/24
BGP4 : None of the BGP4 routes match the display condition

Is there any way to keep BGP attributes when exporting routes ?

Thanks in advance!

--
MINO-RIPE