[f-nsp] Link State Propagation over Ethernet

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Aug 21 15:08:06 EDT 2014

I'm looking to build an Ethernet link between two devices in different
sites. That's trivial. But in the event that the network in the middle
goes down, I need the end devices to *lose Ethernet link*.

This is an absolute requirement of the devices, which I cannot change.
If they lose Ethernet link, they will behave correctly; if their traffic
is blackholed, they will not.

I've seen this sort of "link state propagation" with Ethernet-over-SONET
many times before, but I've never had to build it over Ethernet.

Is it possible to do this with MLXe/CER routers with an MPLS psuedowire,
for example?

--
Richard