[f-nsp] Brocade NI-MLXe "board class"

Dave Peters - Terabit Systems Dave at terabitsystems.com
Wed Feb 19 13:42:55 EST 2014

Hi all-

We've got a BR-MLX-1GFX24-X in an MLXe chassis running 5.600b, and it's saying it's got an invalid board class (info below). I know you can rconsole into a working line card and set the board class with the "settype [decimal]" command. Looks like this one has the wrong decimal. Unfortunately I can't boot the card into Interactive Mode, because it's the wrong board class, and isn't recognized by the management/chassis.

So. Anyone have any experience resurrecting MLX/XMR cards that have this problem? Or am I wasting your time with a Brocade TAC issue?

arn:Unrecognized card type in slot 2.Board class: 0x02,Version: 5.6.0
This module may require a later version of code, please refer to release notes.
Slot 2 will not be powered on.
system memory:  4294967295,  available   3937189888
Start init runconfig from start config
Load config data from flash memory...
FID manager initialized ...
Warn:Unrecognized card type in slot 2.Board class: 0x02,Version: 5.6.0
This module may require a later version of code, please refer to release notes.
Error:rw_get_power_on_mask: Can't get power usage for slot 2, fail to bring it u
Slot 2 is already powered off.

Thanks much for any input.

Dave Peters, Technical Support
415 795 2463 | AIM: terabitdave
Terabit Systems LLC, 2565 3rd St #218, San Francisco, CA 94107
[Description: Description: TB-logo-new-150x46]<http://www.terabitsystems.com/>[Description: Description: twitter_centered]<https://twitter.com/TerabitSystems>[Description: Description: linkedin_centered]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/1098784?trk=tyah>