[f-nsp] MLX Capability

salman sadiq salmanravian at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 02:22:22 EST 2014

Dear Team,
             We have 2 Brocade MLX-16s at the distribution layer of our DC
connecting to FCX as TOR switches. We were thinking to upgrade the DC
capacity where the servers connect to 10G links instead of current 1G. Thus
replace the FCXs with something newer that is 10G capable, may be a VDX.
However, on the MLX we only have 8x10G and 4x10G cards. I was thinking if
these can be replaced with 24x10G cards without an issue. Do we need to
upgrade the SFMs to HSF to achieve this? And also, is there a possibility
of having 2x40G LP on the MLX-16? Please note that we have MLX-16s not
MLX-e routers.

BR
Salman