[f-nsp] Random "pausing" on ICX6450

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Thu Jan 23 05:50:38 EST 2014

I'm scratching my head with an issue, I was wondering if anyone else has
seen it?

At various points throughout the day, I've noticed the ICX "pause" -- that
is, not transfer any traffic. As far as I can tell, this is not a case of
it not forwarding traffic, but not emptying the buffers.

Things have much improved since I stopped RANCID from logging in every
hour, but I'm still seeing the occasional pause of several hundred
milliseconds. Has anyone else seen this?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Matthew Walster