[f-nsp] BR-MLX-10Gx8-X in an XMR with HSF, will give me line rate?

Mike Allen mkallen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 21:40:56 EST 2014

Carlos, as the previous respondents mentioned, this will indeed work.
 Additionally, with the HSF (even on the non -E chassis), this will be full
line rate for the 8x10.  One other point, in the past you could run -X
modules in a MLX, but not -M modules in an XMR chassis.  However, with the
5.6 code release, Brocade has opened this up and allowed more of a
universal model.  However, if you do install a -M module in an XMR(or X)
chassis all modules will basically drop down to -M scalability (512k v4
routes in FIB).

Mike