[f-nsp] XMR 10G speed issue

Rens Ariens - YISP rens at yisp.nl
Thu Jan 23 09:40:47 EST 2014

Hello all,

We replaced one of our Brocade RX devices with a Brocade XMR. Beside
some small syntax changes we copied its config (some basic BGP and OSPF)
to the XMR. We now see the issue that from 6+ Gbit on a 10GE port
single-session transfers (simple wget) slow down below 1GE speeds. The
port can and will reach 8-9 Gbit without packet loss, but single-session
wgets will slow down further. We currently have to keep them below
6.5Gbit to prevent any possible impact.

Note: this is in a LAG, our non-LAG ports are currently not pushing
enough traffic to test this quickly.

Anyone an idea what we are missing / forgetting?

We tried:

- Downgrade / Upgrade software (from 5.5d to 5.4e and 5.6a)
- Shutdown 1 switch fabric (tried both options)
- Switchover to standby management
- Single port new lag on unused 10G module

Total amount of traffic has no impact, when removing 2 uplinks from 30G
LAG early in the morning we also see this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rens Ariens
Yisp