[f-nsp] Random "pausing" on ICX6450

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Thu Jan 23 10:00:21 EST 2014

On 23/01/2014 14:46, Matthew Walster wrote:
> An interesting theory -- I believe we have OpenNMS which may try and
> re-auto-discover that switch occasionally.

it's worth bearing in mind that ironware is a non-preemptively multitasking
operating system which doesn't support process prioritisation.  This means
that important stuff (e.g. lacp) is treated the same as junk (NMSs polling
mac tables) by the switch processor.

Obviously this shouldn't affect the forwarding plane of the device.  If it
does, there is a problem which needs to be escalated to the brocade tac.

Nick