[f-nsp] Two Serveriron on Active/Active mode

Rupesh Basnet brupesh at subisu.net.np
Wed Jun 4 13:50:32 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We have deployed two foundry serveriron on different locations which are
running in L2 mode and there is point to point connection between them.
We are using those serveriron for http redirections between our cache
server. Till now, we were deploying cache server on single locations
connected to single serveriron and since few days we have been trying to
add cache server on next serveriron as well. After we add server on
cache group, high traffic is observed on p2p link between two serveriron
and serveriron hangs and we need to reboot it. Do we need to do some
special configurations do connect server on both the SI and to have the
load shared.

         ------------------ ------------------
         | serveriron1 |<------L2---------->  serveriron1 |
         ------------------- -------------------
         cache1|cache2                               cache3(recently added)

SI#show version
   SW: Version 09.3.00eTD4 Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Foundry Networks, Inc.
       Compiled on Jun 28 2005 at 18:57:32 labeled as WXR09300e
   HW: ServerIronGT E-2 Router, SYSIF version 21, Serial #: Non-exist
SL 1: B0GMR WSM2 Management Module, SYSIF 2, M6, ACTIVE
       Serial #:   CH39040033
     0 MB SHM, 2 Application Processors
16384 KB BRAM, SMC version 1, BM version 21
   SW: (1)09.3.00eTF2 (2)09.3.00eTF2
SL 4: J-BxGC16 JetCore Gig Copper Module, SYSIF 2
       Serial #:   CH33060779
  4096 KB BRAM, JetCore ASIC IGC version 49, BIA version 8a
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC 12, version 0449
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC 13, version 0449
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC 14, version 0449
32768 KB PRAM and 2M-Bit*1 CAM for IGC 15, version 0449

--
Regards,
--------