[f-nsp] LTE base station on FES2402

Wilbur Smith wsmith at brocade.com
Mon Mar 17 17:26:12 EDT 2014

I’ll see what I can dig up.

The FES is an old switch, but it has a solid design. The 24 port and 48 port versions are not oversubscribed and the GigE uplink should operate at line rate. It is a store-and-forward switch and It does have limited buffers space though, but that was to help it reach predictable latency values. By default, you may be bouncing up against the internal QOS system that tries to reserve some buffer space for other ports.

I’ll see if I can fins one of our old WP on how to configure the advanced buffer settings for a FES.

Wilbur

Wilbur Smith
SE Ninja, Brocade
wilbur.k.smith at gmail.com
wsmith at brocade.com

Disclosure: While I am a Brocade employee, my participation in this community is a personal choice and not directed by my employer. And information or recommendation I provide are my own and not an official recommendation from Brocade. Sorry folks, just need to make sure you know I’m ‘doin this “off the clock”!