[f-nsp] MLXe - Line Card Swap - Associated Configuration

Josh Farrelly Josh.Farrelly at manukau.ac.nz
Mon Mar 17 20:26:49 EDT 2014

Hi all

Just wanted to check if anyone knew whether the configuration that's already applied to interfaces stays valid after a line card is swapped with another.

In this example I am wanting to swap a "BR-MLX-10Gx24-DM 24-port 10GbE Module" with a "NI-MLX-10Gx8-M 8-port 10GbE (M) Module" but I want the relevant configuration for each port to stay exactly the same.

I am assuming so, but thought best to check before proceeding. I can assume we'd only run in to issues where moving to a card with less interfaces (e.g. as the startup-config was applied, no matching interface for eth1/9 on an 8-port card would be found).

Kind Regards,

Josh Farrelly
Infrastructure Architect, ICTS.
Manukau Institute of Technology