[f-nsp] BigIron RX FIB Capacity

Josh Farrelly Josh.Farrelly at manukau.ac.nz
Wed Mar 5 15:17:17 EST 2014

Hi

If you exhaust the max ip-route count the router will simply reject any additional entries to the route table.

We experienced an issue with the default values when we implemented our NetIron CER, we would receive a full table from one provider, only half of what another was sending us an any manual "ip route" commands added after the fact would end up in configuration but not in the routing table.

We bumped this value up significantly and all our issues were solved. That is assuming of course that the hardware platform in question can allocate the memory for this to happen.

Regards,

Josh Farrelly.