[f-nsp] BGP sflow and IPv6

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Mon Mar 10 09:01:51 EDT 2014

Hello Clement,

I don't know if it's related but I also found some caveats regarding AS
identification and sflow.

I'm not doing the same thing as you are but I am relying on Brocade native
solution (BNA) to generate some reports.

I noticed that some of the reports miss the most important information
which is source/dest AS values, it shows as 0 !

I opened a ticket with TAC and they say it's normal and that the NetIron
team has to improve sflow capabilities. An RFE has been submited for this.

Now back to your use case, it seems sflow capabilities still need some
improvement on the NetIron platform.

keep us posted as I'm interested in your findings.

Best regards.

> Hello,
>
> I am using a few CER-RT-ADVPREM (x4) on various releases from 5.5 to
> 5.6. I have quite a simple sflow config: 2 collectors, global sample
> rate 512, and sflow forwarding on all my interfaces.
>
> I am collecting sflow data on a remote server, running as-stats:
> https://github.com/manuelkasper/AS-Stats
>
> AS-Stats creates rrd&graphs for each origin-as which the networks has
> traffic with. One for IPv4, and one for IPv6. You can see the result
> here: http://noc.hivane.net/asstats.png
>
> The problem I see, is that regarding IPv6, I do not have complete
> informations: For example, I know that on my example, AS12322 has IPv6
> traffic with us (I generate some by myself), but sflows does not see it.
> Even if I force the traffic towards AS12322 (with a specific bgp
> route-map config), in order to make it transit through an interface
> which sees some traffic otherwises, it is never graphed.
>
> -> This is not a "specific" issue on a release: On the same CER, there
> are some ASN which are seen, some are never seen.
>
> -> Same problem on version 5.5x or 5.6x
>
> -> I have compared the interface-level config, in order to see if
> there's some specific config keys which makes IPv6 sflow work or not:
> Nothing relevant there, some configs works on CER A ant not on CER B,
> and vice-versa.
>
> Has anyone got working BGP IPv6 stats with Sflow ? Or am I missing
> something ?
>

> PS: Is anyone doing "per-peering-AS" sflow stats, instead of
> "per-origin-AS" ?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Clément Cavadore