[f-nsp] LACP with Foundry and Linux Machine

Erich Hohermuth erich at hoh.ch
Sat Mar 29 02:00:35 EDT 2014

Hi Rupesh,

According to your post which is only one side I can assume the
following.

> Trunk ID: 98
> Type: Switch
> Duplex: Full
> Speed: 1G
> Tag: No
> Active Ports: 2

This looks fine to me (Speed = Port Speed)

> Ports         4/3     4/4
> Link_Status   active  active

LACP Information is missing. What is your linux doing  now (cat
/proc/net/bonding/bond0) ?

> Load Sharing
>  Mac Address  1       0

Only one mac is visible. I guess you should switch to mode 4 and adjust
the lacp timers like George said.
Be careful and read your man pages carefully, cause linux distros are
likely to change their syntax after a dist upgrade.
Please bare in mind the limits of ethernet interface bonding in general
(unknown, multicast and unicast hashing).

Regards
 Erich