[f-nsp] LACP with Foundry and Linux Machine

Rupesh Basnet brupesh at subisu.net.np
Sun Mar 30 01:12:08 EDT 2014

Hi Erich,

I tried changing LACP rates with mode 4 but status was the same and
linux box was also not able to get partner MAC on its aggregation
status. I tried with balance-rr mode as well but same, only single MAC
was obtained under Load Balancing on foundry. I can pass traffic from
the bonded interface but still don't have any idea if those interfaces
are really bonded and load balance is happening.

*Status on Linux Box with Mode1:*
Bonding Mode: load balancing (round-robin)
MII Status: up
MII Polling Interval (ms): 30000
Up Delay (ms): 0
Down Delay (ms): 0

Slave Interface: eth0
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:e0:ed:2b:a1:96
Slave queue ID: 0

Slave Interface: eth1
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:e0:ed:2b:a1:97
Slave queue ID: 0

*Status on Linux Box with mode 4:*
Bonding Mode: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation
Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)
MII Status: up
MII Polling Interval (ms): 30000
Up Delay (ms): 0
Down Delay (ms): 0

802.3ad info
LACP rate: slow
Min links: 0
Aggregator selection policy (ad_select): stable
Active Aggregator Info:
     Aggregator ID: 1
     Number of ports: 1
     Actor Key: 17
     Partner Key: 1
     Partner Mac Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

Slave Interface: eth0
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:e0:ed:2b:a1:96
Aggregator ID: 1
Slave queue ID: 0

Slave Interface: eth1
MII Status: up
Speed: 1000 Mbps
Duplex: full
Link Failure Count: 0
Permanent HW addr: 00:e0:ed:2b:a1:97
Aggregator ID: 2
Slave queue ID: 0

Regards,
--------
Rupesh Basnet

System Operations
Subisu Cablenet (P.) Ltd.
148 Thirbum Sadak
Baluwatar, Kathmandu
Nepal

T: 00977 1 4429616/17 Ext.: 322,323(4412832-Direct Line)
F: 00977 1 4430572

http://www.subisu.net.np

(An ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company)