[f-nsp] LACP with Foundry and Linux Machine

Raoul Bhatia raoul at bhatia.at
Sun Mar 30 01:56:22 EDT 2014

On 30 March 2014 07:12:08 CEST, Rupesh Basnet <brupesh at subisu.net.np> wrote:
>Hi Erich,
>
>I tried changing LACP rates with mode 4 but status was the same and
>linux box was also not able to get partner MAC on its aggregation
>status. I tried with balance-rr mode as well but same, only single MAC
>was obtained under Load Balancing on foundry. I can pass traffic from
>the bonded interface but still don't have any idea if those interfaces
>are really bonded and load balance is happening.
Hi,

It has been some time since I was last configuring bonding but I *think* that balancing happened on the basis of MAC addresses, (or even ports?) or some other part of the packet header.

So while testing, you might see balancing only after using multiple streams and source/destination MACs.

Cheers,
Raoul
--
Raoul Bhatia