[f-nsp] Mapping QinQ VLANs into VPLS instances

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Wed Oct 1 06:07:18 EDT 2014

Dear Community,

A provider of ours is handing off clients VLANs over a fiber interco using
QinQ (outer VLAN is for transport on their network and inner VLAN is our
end client).

We actually terminate this on a Cisco ME but would like to move that to an
MLXe action as MPLS PE and map VLANs into different MPLS instances.

I wanted to confirm the exact stanza based on what I found in NI5.4 config
guide :

1/ Activate QinQ on the provider facing port :

tag-type 9100 ethe X/Y.

I found this section in the guide related to this :

"*Special considerations for dual-tagged endpoints*
*Before configuring a dual-tagged VPLS endpoint, consider the following:*
   *• *
 *The tag protocol identifier (TPID) of the inner VLAN tag must be 0x8100
be classified as dual-tagged and recognized by dual-tagged endpoints. If
the TPID is not 0x8100, the packet will be classified as a single-tagged
packet.*
    *• *
 *The TPI*D of the outer VLAN tag must be the port’s configured tag type
(the default tag type is 0x8100)."

2/ Map client VLAN into the different VPLS instances :

Brocade(config-mpls)#vpls test 10
Brocade(config-mpls-vpls-test10)#vlan X inner-vlan Y
Brocade(config-mpls-vpls-test_10-vlan-X-inner-vlan-Y)#tagged Ethernet 2/1

X being SP transport VLAN (outer VLAN) and Y being clustomer VLAN (inner
VLAN).

Does that sound about right to you ?

Thanks for the feedbacks.

Best regards.