[f-nsp] CER-2024 Forwarding Issue's

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Aug 12 05:03:45 EDT 2015

On 12/08/2015 06:17, Daniel Hooper wrote:
> ·         Traffic stops forwarding between interfaces
> ·         Unable to learn new mac address’s on interfaces

i've seen similar issues on the ces2k platform after stp topology changes
where l2 forwarding was basically hosed and the unit needed to be rebooted.
 It looked at the time like the problem was caused by a temporary
microloop, but it was only a problem on ports which had port security enabled.

The problem went away after we upgraded from 5.4 to 5.6.0c, made the
affected unit singly-homed (i.e. no possibility of loops) and migrated all
the ports to layer 2 acls.

Nick