[f-nsp] TurboIron-X24 mixed port type LACP?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Aug 12 10:22:49 EDT 2015

Is there a way to get a TurboIron to link-aggregate a mix of built-in
copper ports and SFP ports, i.e. to build a >4x1000Base-T LAG to another
device without entirely using copper SFPs?  I tried doing this recently,
found it would not work, and the error message was not terribly helpful.

Trunk: Group (23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28) failed to create by 802.3ad
link-aggregation module.

That same message would get logged as each port that was meant to be in
the LAG got link.

I wondered if setting 25-28 to 1gb and disabling auto-negotiation would
make a difference, but did not try this as I didn't have out of band
access to the "other device" at the time I was trying to get the LAG up.