[f-nsp] arp problem on brocade mlx

Eldon Koyle ekoyle+puck.nether.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:04:28 EST 2015

You might check the number of MAC addresses it sees (sh mac)... if
there is a device going insane somewhere, it could exhaust the mac
forwarding DB and cause strange behavior.

sh default values | inc mac
SSH at mlx4#sh default values | inc mac
sys log buffers:50         mac age time:300 sec       telnet sessions:5
mac                      32768      1048576    32768      32768
32768      Yes
vpls-mac                 2048       262144     2048       2048
2048       Yes
SSH at mlx4#

Do you have spanning tree running on this interface?

I'm assuming these interfaces are in the default VRF, but if not it
opens up a whole world of other possibilities.

You could also check the TM log, although you would have to open a
ticket to find out what any of it meant:
sh tm log