[f-nsp] IPv6 on MLX stopped working

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Tue Jun 16 11:05:01 EDT 2015

* nsp at rhanssen.de ("Rolf Hanßen") [Mon 15 Jun 2015, 16:56 CEST]:
>IPv6 stopped working for a ve interface, re-entering the IP solved it.
>As far as I see this affected only that interface/IP.

There may have been a loop in the VLAN corresponding to that ve
interface, and DAD kicked in.  Removing and re-entering the IP address
generally makes the router do another round of DAD, and if the
duplicate address (i.e. the loop) is gone, then it will stick.

So check your syslog, and whether the output of 'show ipv6 interface'
at the time of the breakage included anything about DAD.

	-- Niels.