[f-nsp] Multicast is being switched by LP CPU on MLXe?

Alexander Shikoff minotaur at crete.org.ua
Mon Dec 19 13:37:00 EST 2016

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:20:36AM -0700, Daniel Schmidt wrote:
>    It's been a while, but I wouldn't think that pim snooping would not do a darn thing on l2,
>    you would want igmp snooping.  That said, I don't think that would work without at least a
>    local l3 interface to respond to the queries.  Otherwise, you might as well just use
>    broadcast. (Not that I recommend that)

Hi!

I don't need this box to respond and/or generate IGMP queries.
I just need to snoop them in order to prevent unnecessary multicast
flooding over all ports in certain VLAN.

Again, my configuration is:

!
vlan 450 name ITCons2DS_test
 tagged ethe 7/1 to 7/2 ethe 9/5 ethe 11/2 ethe 12/8 ethe 13/8
 multicast passive
!

That's all. No any L3 multicast routing. Just IGMP snooping.

And with such configuration my MLXe-16 starts switching multicast
packets by LP CPU.

--
MINO-RIPE