[f-nsp] Experiences with Brocade TAC -> ICX products

i3D.net - Martijn Schmidt martijnschmidt at i3d.net
Wed Feb 24 17:29:36 EST 2016

Maybe I've been lucky, but I have always sailed right past T1 TAC
towards their L3 escalation, and if the case is marked as P1 you've got
good chances of engineering getting involved on short notice.

It all comes down to how well you describe your problem when first
opening the case. That means including a show tech / support-save for
all of the involved devices right from the beginning, as well as a
network diagram if applicable, and a good amount of text explaining the
symptoms you are experiencing and the results you'd expect to see so the
TAC engineer can dive right in. After your case engineer has been
assigned, give them a call and walk them through the problem to make
sure there are no questions on their end. Finally, cc'ing your Brocade
SE into the case so they're aware something's going on never hurts.

I do have to say that if TAC identifies a new defect, you'll have to
hope there is a workaround to solve your problem for the time being
because it'll usually take several weeks for bugfixes to trickle down to
a new GA release.

Best regards,
Martijn