[f-nsp] Experiences with Brocade TAC -> ICX products

Eldon Koyle ekoyle+puck.nether.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:39:01 EST 2016

Come to think of it, our last ICX issue ended up going around TAC.

Apparently, some part of the LLDP parsing for SNMP dies if a device
sends LLDP packets without much useful info (ie. windows 8/10, some IP
phones, some access points), and SNMP doesn't report hostnames, etc.
on any port after that (really, I think the only thing we get is the
chassis id).  This means we have a lot of uplink ports (since SFP
ports are at the end) that don't give useful LLDP info over SNMP.

After about a week, TAC replied that the LLDP-MIB is not supported on
fastiron according to the docs.

Our SE ended up pushing the issue directly to product management,
still waiting to hear back on it.

--
Eldon