[f-nsp] Brocade vRouter 5600

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 19:52:47 EDT 2016

I have done quite a bit of work on the vRouter 5600 v5.0R2

Ping me offline for details, but I've managed to do:

- 8 x Routers (4 x vRouters, 2 x vMX, 2 x vSRX) in an MPLS P/PE Network (doing interop with the usual suspects)
- OSPFv2 / OSPF-TE TED Database Population
- RSVP-TE and EROs
- LDP Transport LSPs
- iBGP/eBGP with a handful of routes (didn't connect it to The Internets yet... next step...)
- Route Maps / Routing Policy (i.e. matching routes, chaining localpref, overwriting next-hops for HA eBGP connections)
- VRRP for server-facing stuff
- DHCP Relay and BNG "lite" functionality
- Bridge domains, S/C tag pop-pop/push-push operations
- S/C Tag pbit re-writing
- Source / P-NAT
- 10G DPDK Acceleration (yep, this works very well)

Couple of hiccups, but nothing I haven't been able to work around so far. ( Suspect 5.xR3 or 5.1 will likely fix the corner-case behaviours.) Have some PR/reports back into Brocade; but the vast majority "just works" and works consistently. 5.x Documentation has also been vastly improved too.

- CK.