[f-nsp] Brocade vRouter 5600

Chris Kawchuk juniperdude at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 21:26:51 EDT 2016

Couple of things I will also mention:

- vRouter boots up a *LOT* faster than vMX/vSRX
	....So the time from spin-up to forwarding packets is the quickest I've seen vs other VNFs (i.e. CSR vASR1000, vMX etc.)

- vMX doesn't do a lot of the MPC/DPC "service blade" (MS-MPC) functionality
	basically non-feature parity w/vRouter w/things like IPSEC, EoGRE, NAT etc. You'd have to use vSRX for those; and the caveats/lack of features it brings. (i.e. no EoGRE, stateful flows, etc.)

- I've always had issues with vlan and pop/swap operations on vMX
	 (which actually i think is more of a vSwitch problem than anything when under ESXi).
	KVM seems Ok tho.

- VxLAN is broken still under 15.1F5 under vMX.
	The IP addressing is little-endian when it hits there wire.
	 i.e. IP address 1.0.0.2 of a VTEP goes "out on the wire" as source IP "2.0.0.1".
	Fun eh? Took me days to find that one ( a PCAP revealed all.)

I do Like vMX a lot (what I'm used to), but the more I play with vRouter, the more I'm impressed by it.

- CK.