[f-nsp] Extreme Networks bought MLX/VDX/SLX - what about future ?

Wilbur Smith wsmith at brocade.com
Thu Apr 13 15:15:02 EDT 2017

Good to hear,
I think vSLX-OS should be out by the end of the month. We also have StackStorm support for vSLX-OS planned, so you can build workflows in StackStorm & test without needing hardware.

Wilbur

On 4/11/17, 1:41 AM, "foundry-nsp on behalf of Jörg Kost" <foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of jk at ip-clear.de> wrote:

    On 10 Apr 2017, at 12:18, Wilbur Smith wrote:

    > On a side note, the Virtual SLX-OS code should be posted to MyBrocade
    > soon; this is a modified version of SLX-OS we’ll be distributing for
    > free to help prototype & test network design with the SLX. The code
    > can be launched from any Linux KVM hypervisor, with on VM acting as
    > the management module and additional VMs acting as the line cards.
    > Version 1.0 will be control-plane only, so you can use it to get a
    > feel for the CLI or test scripting against the supported APIs. Version
    > 2 should launch later this year and will also include data-plane, so
    > can prototype actual routing & switching scenarios virtually.

    This++!

    I have already studied the API-guide and used some mocking against the
    VDX because of its similarity. For https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_ipcjk_ixgen&d=DwIGaQ&c=IL_XqQWOjubgfqINi2jTzg&r=l86Fj-WC0GHHSCjQjuUvTzxOj0iW25AHL3VIC5Dog8o&m=RMwbzJifmbJtgG7Ry2T-zhmOJoTJVTNaUcbgA8_PCHM&s=re2ASISgux9ePGTwmF8TefJOJ-0m01zxVwdeUPv0h_s&e=  I am
    creating SLX-configurations based on the CLI-syntax, despite I am not
    owning SLX devices right now.

    Being able to execute these things against API and / or run the binary
    directly from the management router is a fortune and will introduce
    competitive advantage.

    Jörg