[f-nsp] VLL "local" termination

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Sat Jan 14 12:22:53 EST 2017

Hi,

Two years later, I am trying to use VPLS with routing, but it does not
work with IPv6 although it is supposed to be supported on 6.0.00 and
newer code, according to the release note:

IPv6 enhancements:
 IPv6 for VE over VPLS - IPv6 addresses and IPv6 routing will be
 supported on VE over VPLS interfaces.

Here is the VPLS config:
------
 vpls blah 35189 max-mac 5
  enable-counter summary
  vpls-peer x.y.z.t
  router-interface ve 4095

 vpls-mtu-enforcement
!
------

When I try to add an IPv6 to the VE, I have an error message:
(config-mpls-vpls-blah)#int ve 4095
(config-vif-4095)#  port-name customerX
(config-vif-4095)# ip address x.x.x.x/30 ospf-passive
(config-vif-4095)# no ip redirect
(config-vif-4095)# ip arp-age 120
(config-vif-4095)# ipv6 address 2a00:xxx:x:x:x:x:x:1/124
Error - A VE over VPLS interface cannot have IPv6 configured
----

Am i missing something ? I am running 6.0.00b on a CER box.

Thanks,
--
Clément Cavadore