[f-nsp] Renumbering unit in a FCX stack

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 05:22:12 EST 2017

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017, Mike Allen wrote:

> Hey Jethro, the stack unconfigure me should work, but maybe try the
> clean option:
>
> 'Stack unconfigure me' will recover the unit to its startup
> configuration before it joined the stack. 'Stack unconfigure clean' will
> remove unit's startup configuration. These commands will reload the unit
> and boot up as standalone unit.

n-corp-sw#stack unconfigure clean
This command is not available on standalone or Active Controller
n-corp-sw#sh stack
alone: standalone, D: dynamic config, S: static config
ID   Type         Role    Mac Address    Pri State   Comment
2  S FCX648S      alone   0024.38c0.bf80 128 local   None:0

     +---+
  2/1| 2 |2/2
     +---+
Current stack management MAC is 0024.38bf.fb00

Eventually, I found that "erase startup" also deleted the stacking.boot
file as well as the startup config, which I suspect contains the stack
membership data.  So did that and reloaded and I was back to being unit 1,
then copied the config back fixing the ports along the way and I'm back in
business!

Many thanks for the hints!

Jethro.