[f-nsp] MLXe code recommendations

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Thu Sep 13 07:55:10 EDT 2018

On Mi, Sep 12, 2018 at 04:20:46 -0600, Eldon Koyle <ekoyle+puck.nether.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a code version for MLXe?
>
> The last I saw recommended here was recent 5.8, I'm wondering if it is
> worth investigating 6.0 or later yet (or ever).

We are currently running v6.0 on all MLX that support it and the
experience is rather good. We were on 5.6 earlier (and boxes with
Gen1-cards still are).
One of the issues I remember with 5.6 including the latest patch release
is currupted sflow packets (sflow would only contain 1 sample packet
instead of 4, leading to incorrect sampling).