[f-nsp] SLX 9640 experiences

Fredy Kuenzler kuenzler at init7.net
Fri Dec 6 01:55:30 EST 2019

Hi Robert,

Thanks for asking again. 2nd round of tests succeeded, we after a very long evaluation phase decided to buy the SLX 9640 and dumped the Cisco NCS-55A2. Apparently we‘re in good company if one wants to believe from hearsay.

The first batch got delivered this week (see pic), we plan to power up a few in the lab anytime soon.

Can’t say much more yet except they look nice with the violet front bezel 😇

Meanwhile we launched a project to automate configuration. At the same time physical deployment in the many pops will take place. The goal is to have payload in Q1 on them and get rid off the MLXe and XMR by Q2 2020.

--
Fredy Künzler

Init7 (Switzerland) Ltd.
Technoparkstrasse 5