[f-nsp] SLX 9640 experiences

Clement Cavadore clement at cavadore.net
Fri Dec 6 02:26:27 EST 2019

Hi Fredy,

On Fri, 2019-12-06 at 07:55 +0100, Fredy Kuenzler wrote:
> Thanks for asking again. 2nd round of tests succeeded, we after a
> very long evaluation phase decided to buy the SLX 9640 and dumped the
> Cisco NCS-55A2. Apparently we‘re in good company if one wants to
> believe from hearsay.

Quite interested in having more feedbacks regarding your tests and
evaluation pase on that platform. I had feedbacks regarding stability
and bugs on SLX (IXP context, production network), and I was quite
scared about it. And the concerned IXP is finally in the process of
dumping that hardware from their fabric...

> The first batch got delivered this week (see pic), we plan to power
> up a few in the lab anytime soon.
>
> Can’t say much more yet except they look nice with the violet front
> bezel 😇

Ahahaha ! That violet colour reminds me quite bad memories :)

> Meanwhile we launched a project to automate configuration. At the
> same time physical deployment in the many pops will take place. The
> goal is to have payload in Q1 on them and get rid off the MLXe and
> XMR by Q2 2020.

Good luck with that ! :-)

--
Clément Cavadore