[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Fri Mar 8 19:19:58 EST 2019

Starting several years ago we switched from 1M route cards and chassis
to 2M route cards and chassis, so those sites will be fine for a while
(depending on growth).

That left quite a few XMR 8000s and 4000s out there, which we replaced
with SLX 9540s and 9640s.

We've been not so vocal about it because just like with any brand new
platform we end up being essentially a free outsourced testing service
for our router vendors.

At this point I'm happy with the progress (new software versions with
fixes) enough to post about it.

The 9640s support 4M routes.

Mike.