[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Mar 12 14:39:58 EDT 2019

On 3/12/19 1:19 PM, Aaron wrote:
> We replaced our Extreme gear with Brocade several years ago. We're
> getting ready to swap out some MLXes' with SLXs'.  We've looked at
> Arista hard but just can't seem to justify the 3x price premium.

Unless Extreme has massively dropped the price or Arista has massively
increased their prices, there's no reason that equivalent Arista gear
should be 3x the price of an SLX, and that doesn't match up with my
experience.

I ended up with the Arista 7280SR (48-ports of 10G, 6 ports of
short-range 100G in a 1RU fixed configuration) and it's been working well.

--
Richard