[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Mar 15 22:05:44 EDT 2019

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019, Dennis op de Weegh wrote:

> The XMR and MLXe are limited to 786432 IPv4 routes and 65536 for IPv6 (ipv4-ipv6-2 profile)
> If you want more routes you need -X2 linecards.
>
> The IPv4 table and IPv6 tables are close to limit from the XMR/MLXe -x cards (+-757166 ipv4 and +-65239 ipv6)
> That is why you get the cam profile warnings.

:(

I'm going to lab test it, but I was hoping that more sensible system-max
settings (keeping in mind there's only 1M slots to carve up) would make it
possible to raise the v6 limit to around 75k while still maintaining
enough room for some v4 table growth, the idea being, buy some time so we
don't have to rush to decom our remaining brocade routers or come up with
other workarounds (less than full tables).