[f-nsp] Where have all the MLX/XMR users gone to?

Jörg Kost jk at ip-clear.de
Fri Mar 22 05:09:57 EDT 2019

XMR life time has or will come very soon for DFZ routing, the MLXe (if
you have one) is still a valid platform for DFZ and I am sure it is
going to be supported at least till 2025/2026.

So configurations that still work:
- MLXE chassis with MR2-X-management cards

Modules:
- BR-MLX-100Gx2-CFP2-X2
	-> 2 x 100g
- BR-MLX-10GX20-X2 in its variants:
	-> BR-MLX-10Gx20-X2
		-> 20 x 1g/10g
	-> BR-MLX-10Gx10-X2
		-> 10 x 1g/10g, upgradeable to 20 1g/20g
	-> BR-MLX-1GX10-U10G-X2
		-> 20 x 1g, upgradeable to 20 1g/20g

Cam profiles:
- default (1424K mil ipv4, 416K ipv6)
- multiservice-6 ( 1120K ipv4, 768K ipv6)
- ipv4-ipv6-2 (2048K ipv4, 1024K ipv6, no VPN)
-> reference
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/netiron/SW/63x/6300a/netIron-6300a-managementguide.pdf

See also
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-to-enable-2-Million-routes-on-MLX-platform

If you buy new, SLX 9540/9640/9850 are valid targets but this leads the
thread back to the beginning ;-).