[f-nsp] Root Shell on FastIron

Franz Georg Köhler lists at openunix.de
Tue Oct 29 06:33:52 EDT 2019

A while ago, I asked SE if it is possible to get Root Shell on FastIron
for diagnosis.
The answer was, that there is no possibility to connect low level.

Finally, I found out that this is not true and there is a possibility:

- Direct serial connection required
- If this is a non-master stacked unit: dm mport-enable to enable the
  management LAN port
- go to OS mode with Ctrl+Y+M and Enter
- Now IP address can be set:
        OS>remote address 172.20.1.10 255.255.255.0
- Gateway if needed:
        OS>remote def 172.20.1.1
- Start telnet server:
        OS>telnetd start
- Now you can connect via telnet to (additional and special) IP address
  configured above. No authentication is taking place, root access.

  Best regards,

  Franz Georg Köhler